Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Those Right Wing Folks

You've got your morals and you've got your morals.

Here's a blue-state Hollywood type responding to the tragedy: Sandra Bullock, who has donated a million dollars -- that's right, a million dollars -- to the Red Cross to "help relief efforts in countries affected by the deadly earthquake and tsunamis in southern Asia and eastern Africa."

Bullock also donated a million to the victims after 9/11, BTW.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=492&u=/ap/20050104/ap_en_ce/people_sandra_bullock_6&printer=1

And here's a fine Red State Voter, giggling about how she doesn't care a bit about those dead Muslims, they're all terrorists anyway, aren't they? They're not getting any of her nickels!

This is from Rush's show:

"CALLER: (Giggle) Well, I was pretty upset and even getting madder the more coverage I watched, and I was thinking, 'Why am I not feeling so charitable, and I'm seeing all these bodies,' and then I see this picture on the Internet that was sent to me, and it was them carrying a body along in Sri Lanka, it said Galle, G-a-l-l-e, Sri Lanka and they had a crowd of people watching and this guy in the middle is standing there looking at the body wearing an Osama bin Laden T-shirt.

RUSH: I saw that picture.

CALLER: And I thought, it just validated the way I felt and I thought these are the same people that were the cheerleaders on 9/11, and we're going to go rebuild their world for them.

RUSH: Yeah.

I mean, it's not like any little white Christian children are dead, right? Just some brown people. And brown people are all terrorists, right? I mean, one right there on TV was wearing a teeshirt that had a terrorist's picture on it. So they all deserve what they got. Right?

I love that Red State morality.

(Via Hullabaloo (http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/), which has more of the transcript from Rush, as well as a link to Rush's own site. It's charming.)



No comments: