Thursday, September 29, 2005

A Modest Proposal

Bill Bennett thinks if we killed all the black infants in this country, we could reduce the crime rate.

No, I'm not joking. That's what he said, on National TV.

BENNETT: But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could -- if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down. That would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down. So these far-out, these far-reaching, extensive extrapolations are, I think, tricky.

That's some family values for you, huh? That's some good moral Christian thinking.

I read that passage, and I thought of my daughter's best friend, who is six, and has more energy than any five kids, and is smarter than Bill Bennett will ever be, and has, like the kid, and imagination that won't quit, who, along with my kid, is always in trouble -- they run their teachers ragged, not to mention me and Kate's mother -- and who happens to be black: this is who he is talking about. This is one of the black babies he thinks our country would be better off without.

Old Cranky has the link. Go see.

http://cockamamieideasinc.blogspot.com/2005/09/bill-bennetts-racist-response-to-pro.html

No comments: