Monday, August 08, 2022

What I'm Watching

Nothing. Every now and then I start a series -- most recently, The Alienist, which is about a psychiatrist in Brooklyn in what I guess from the tech level is about 1850, but by the middle of the second episode, usually, I have had enough. 

What can I watch that isn't about women or children being murdered so that men can show how clever or brave or compassionate they are? Also which isn't about people trying to decide if they should have an affair. Any suggestions?

I will say I'm getting a lot more reading done. But most of it is for the various reviews I am writing (I am now writing reviews for Interzone as well as Strange Horizons and Asimov's), so I can't share that here.

5 comments:

nicoleandmaggie said...

Fridging sucks.

delagar said...

It does.

Anonymous said...

Wikipedia says the show is set in 1896. Since the Alienist has Theodore Roosevelt as a police commissioner, it had to be set between 1895 and 1897.

Meanwhile, there's still Upstart Crow. (Note: the pilot episode is by far the weakest of the series.)

delagar said...

Huh! I caught that the commissioner was called Roosevelt, but I didn't realize it was supposed to be Teddy Roosevelt.

Nicky said...

I hear you. A lot of the exclusive, pay-per-view channels in my part of the woods only seem to have shows that are violent and/or depressing. Um, no? :(