Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Sisyphus was a Happy Man

It's the first day of teaching. I have three classes back to back, starting at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 12:15. From long experience, I know this is going to be absolutely exhausting. This is my own fault, though, since I want a TR schedule so that I have a block of writing days (Friday through Monday) which will, theoretically, leave me undisturbed to write. (HA.)

I also have an online class, and a Thursday night class. 

Yes, that's five classes. I have taken an overload so that, along with my research release, I will be teaching only two classes in Spring 2023. See above, undisturbed to write, etc.

One thing I like about teaching is that everything only lasts fourteen weeks. I can do anything for fourteen weeks. But right here at the start, it's daunting.



No comments: