- The kid comes back tomorrow -- well, actually, we are driving up the hill to fetch her, so that takes care of tomorrow. (Yay! I have been missing the kid.)
- I am working -- more or less -- on my RaceFail09 paper, for which I have so far done about 1/4 of the research and come up with an extremely vague outline
- I am revising book six of the Great Big SF Trilogy (Hee -- yes. It is a 7 book Trilogy.)
- I am cleaning house, sporadically and room by room.
- I am working on the syllabus for the fiction workshop I am teaching, for the first time EVER, this semester. I have no idea how to teach a fiction workshop. What in shit am I going to tell these people? 11 of them in the class so far. What the shit do I know about writing fiction? I visualize sitting in class, gazing at them, and mumbling, "Well, um, write it better, y'all. You know. And..." Somehow I don't think that will get me stellar ratings.
- I am drinking way too much rum. What can I say? Life is hard and liquor is easy.
7 hours ago