Friday, November 04, 2022

Links

This story at Uncanny is worth reading. Uncanny is doing excellent work lately.

Pharyngula reports on a couple of really bizarre stories from the Right -- JD Vance talks to Tucker Carlson 

I can sort of see his logic. His base hates foreigners, and also hates trans people, so combining the two into some hateful amalgam will win him votes, he thinks. Also, his base consists of some of the dumbest, most gullible people in the country, so maybe they’ll believe him.

and people who have no idea how evolution works talk about the future of human evolution.

This is interesting -- every time I teach Genesis, as I do in every single Global Lit class, I get some earnest local Evangelical fundamentalist who stays after class to explain to me that Noah's flood totally really actually did happen, there is evidence.

John Oliver:




No comments: