Saturday, September 19, 2020

Broken

 Today is the first day that it has been cool enough to turn off the AC and open the windows. I would be feeling extremely happy were it not for the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

I don't know what will come of this. Nothing good. 

I remember this feeling. This is how I felt when conservatives re-elected George W. Bush, despite all the evil things he had done -- torture, slaughtering Iraqis, ignoring the rule of law. It feels like the country has been broken so badly that we can't come back from it. 

And honestly, I don't know that we ever did. This is the logical outcome of that act. Trump follows from Bush (who followed from Reagan) like night follows day.

Meanwhile, conservatives are doing their best to suppress voting.  Lying, cheating, and breaking the law are all they have.


No comments: