You can find the full text of the Whistleblower document here.
Some key points:
- The whistleblower (we still don't know who they are) says they have received, over the past several months, information from "multiple" U.S. Government officials that Trump is using the power of his office to pressure a foreign country into interfering with the 2020 election.
- The whistleblower notes that AG Barr and Trump's lawyer, Rudolph Giuliani, are involved in this attempt as well.
- The report details the phone call made by Trump to Zelensky and the specific requests and threats made during the call.
- The report notes that the various White House officials who overhead the call, and White House lawyers, ditto, were deeply disturbed and spent some time discussing how to treat the call, since they had witness Trump using the office for his personal gain. A dozen such officials and lawyers heard the call (this is normal). None of them expected Trump to do what he did. This tells us that Trump did not plan this -- he is out of control, incompetent, and probably not aware of the scope of his actions.
- After the call, the White House officials did everything they could to "lock down" all records relating to the call. They knew what had happened and how serious it was. This, by the way, is what we call a cover-up. The records of the phone call were classified in order to keep them secret. Trump knew, probably because his lawyers explained it to him in detail, exactly what he had just done, and he was hiding the evidence.
- Giuliani admits that he was traveling to Ukraine on the behest of Trump to pressure the government there to pursue investigations that will help Trump in the 2020 elections.
The report also details the background to all of this, which is Trump's belief that Joe Biden had a Ukrainian Special Prosecutor fired in order to protect his son, Hunter Biden, who sits on the board of Burisma Holdings. Burisma Holdings and just what has been going on there is a big tangled mess.
The simple version seems to be that Joe Biden was working with Ukraine during the Obama administration to reduce Ukraine's dependence on Russian fuel. Hunter Biden, who is a lawyer, went to work for Burisma to help them straighten out their international division, which seems to have been rife with corruption. Joe Biden, under Obama's directive, pressured the Ukrainian government to fire the government guy who was supposed to be rooting out the corruption and wasn't, a Prosecutor General named Shokin.
This is at the root of the Big Conspiracy Claim -- Trump and the MAGA Americans, like the good puppets they are, claim that really Biden had Shokin removed because Shokin was going after Hunter Biden, who has been looting Ukraine for his own personal gain. (The new Prosecutor General has investigated Bursima thoroughly and Hunter Biden as well, and found no wrong-doing by Biden, but obviously that just proves Trump's point.)
All this is behind Trump's bizarre phone call. He's heard some silly Q-Anon claim, probably on Fox News, though who knows, he might have picked it up on Twitter, and now it's spinning around in his leaky, wonky head, and so during a phone call he's used the power of his office to pressure a foreign government to interfere in the US elections.
Should he be removed from office for Abuse of Power? Sure, yes.
Or he should be removed under the 25th Amendment. Whichever at this point, frankly.
ETA: Yes, this:
The complaint,citing multiple US officials, alleges that White House lawyers have been stuffing politically troubling records of presidential calls into highly classified storage to hide them from scrutiny throughout Trump’s presidency. This just got much bigger.— Greg Miller (@gregpmiller) September 26, 2019