Saturday, September 02, 2023

Symptoms on Day One

Or maybe it's Day Three, since I felt bad on Thursday.

Anyway, I have a fever of 101, a headache, fatigue, a truly vicious sore throat, and general aches in my joints. Also, my skin hurts. Dr. Google says that might be a symptom.

Dr. Skull had tested negative for COVID, but he seems fatigued as well, so I'm going to retest him tomorrow.

A text exchange between us earlier (I am in the living room and he is in his music room, which is like ten yards away, but we text one another frequently):

Me: I'm dying

Dr. Skull: No you're not.


He hates it when I'm sick.

He did come bring me another blanket, though.


4 comments:

Bardiac said...

I hope you recover quickly! Take good care!

nicoleandmaggie said...

Covid is the worst!

Sleep a lot and drink fluids and take whatever drying you up medicine you prefer. (I was stuck with random European medicines, some of which worked better than others, but you have Nyquil!)

Did you get paxlovid? I didn't, but many of my friends thought it was great other than the rebound part later.

Athena Andreadis said...

Unusually effective vaccines have made COVID equivalent to flu, but that doesn't mean a bout is either pleasant or entirely danger-free. My own round was exhausting, and it took 2 weeks to get a negative test. Sending good thoughts and wishes!

delagar said...

I'm double-vaxxed, which I'm hoping will be enough to make a difference. It does feel like a mean flu.