Tuesday, July 05, 2022

God I Hate Summer

I have rearranged my living room so that my new writing station is directly under the heat pump (which despite its name is actually our main air conditioner). Now instead of being 77 degrees at three in the afternoon my space is 74 degrees at three in the afternoon.

My new writing space

This is because it's been over 100 degrees here for the past three days and will continue to be over 100 for the next six days. 

Last night at midnight it was 89 degrees outside. And 77 degrees in our bedroom. We have a window unit in the bedroom, but it just can't keep up with the heat.

Sixty-eight days until we can reasonably expect the summer heat to ease, just a little. But who's counting?

Where I used to write 


2 comments:

Foscavista said...

I live in the south east, where it's hot and humid. Every summer, I make everyone aware of and appreciate Willis Carrier, the inventor of modern air conditioning.

delagar said...

I don't know how anyone could live in the South without air conditioning. I know people *did* it, but how?