Friday, February 25, 2022

Day Three of the Ice Storm

We're on day three of being totally iced in after this storm. 

Yesterday, I hauled the trash to the street (about a 100 yards away from the garage) and that was a Thing. The icy snow on the driveway had partially melted in the late morning, when the temperature reached about 33 degrees; and then froze again in the afternoon, which was in the high 20s. So a solid crust of ice onto of grainy snow. I would slide and then break through the ice and then slide again. And probably the trash truck won't make it up my road today anyway.

We're hoping for the ice to melt enough for us to get to the store this afternoon -- I was supposed to pick up my medication refill on Wednesday, when this all began. (I'm not out, but I'm low enough to get nervous.)

We still have bread and milk, but mostly because I made bagels. And we are totally out of cat treats, which is, according to our feline overlords, unacceptable.


No comments: