Saturday, February 26, 2022

Day Four of Ice Storm

The ice didn't melt enough for us to get out yesterday -- tbf, the temperature was only about freezing for maybe an hour, at four o'clock. Anyway, the sheer ice on the driveway did not melt.

Today the forecast says we'll get above freezing by noon, and to 38 degrees by four o'clock. Still no sunshine. But fingers crossed.

We're out of cat treats and wet dog food, but everything else is holding up. The dog does not want to eat his dry food, and the cats are very loud in their disapproval of our storm planning skills.

I'm also out of library books -- the library has been closed for ice for the last three days. This is causing me to make inroads on my to-be-read pile, so I suppose that's good. 

Our university closed for those three days too. Since I had a paper due, I just had students turn that in through Google Classroom, and we've been working that way. 

We're getting a little stir crazy. I haven't even been able to go out for walks, because ice. I do make infrequent trips out to check the ice on the driveway. Walking on ice uses muscles I didn't know I had.

Anyway, here's hoping we can get out, at least to the Wal-Mart, at some point today.

2 comments:

Nicky said...

Hope things improve soon. 'No new library books' are some of the scariest words.

delagar said...

They are!