Sunday, September 20, 2026

Inflation in Arkansas

The crackers I used to buy for $2.50 a box are now $5.79 a box.

Eggs at my local store range from $6.50 to $10.99 a dozen.

Gas is $4.09 at the cheapest gas station in town.

Chicken thighs are $12.99 a pound. (I do buy the good kind, not Tyson chicken thighs, which have the texture of rubber bands and taste like hog pens smell.)

Four pounds of dry cat food is $9.95. (I buy Iams, since that is all my cat will eat.)

Apples are a three-pound bag for $3.27.

I almost bought an Asian pear at Harps, but those are $2.99 each.

But Trump says the economy is booming and prices are the lowest they have ever been, so I guess I should quit whining. 

(He also says the economy is the fault of Joe Biden, though to be fair that was a different speech.)



No comments: