And by hilarious, I mean exactly what I would expect out of American "Christians."
As I've stated, I never was a big fan of Dolly Parton. I love country music, but mostly the Steve Earle / Jason Isbell / James McMurtry kind of county music. I didn't dislike Parton's music, it just didn't do much for me.
But Parton was clearly a good person, filled with the loving kindness that a true follower of Christ will have. She did the things Jesus said to do: loved her enemy, cared for the poor and sick, treated everyone as her neighbor. Furthermore, she spoke often about her faith, about loving and following Christ. Not only did she talk about it, she lived that faith.
And yet, American "Christians" are condemning her. I have seen more than one "Christian" claiming she is burning in hell. Why?
Because she wasn't a bigot. How dare she not hate LGBTQ people?
That's it. That's the entire reason.
Their "Christianity" boils down to just one rule: hate the right people. Nothing else matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment