Sunday, December 11, 2022

Heading into Exam Week

I'm only giving one exam this semester, and it's at fucking dawn on Tuesday. (Exams before 10:00 a.m. are the real oppression.) For my other classes, students are turning in big papers or portfolios, depending on which class it is -- portfolios for fiction workshop, papers for Comp I.

Meanwhile we're having Dr. Skull's birthday celebration today: chicken schnitzel, asparagus, mashed potatoes, chocolate pie, babka, and a dump cake I am making especially for Uncle Charger and me. I might get the kid's boyfriend to make deviled eggs again. He made them for our last dinner party and they were excellent. Everyone is coming, including my SIL. She's coming down for Hanukkah in a couple of weeks too. (I think I need to give her a blog name.)

So anyway I'm spending this morning cleaning up and making dump cake. I should get to it.




4 comments:

Foscavista said...

I rarely comment about someone's child(ten),especially their significant other(s). But, what makes the boyfriend's deviled eggs special? Is there something special that is added? (I am a foodie.)

delagar said...

He makes essentially the same recipe my mother used to make -- boil the eggs, peel, mix the yolk with mayo, salt, and pepper, and then sprinkle the filled eggs with paprika. I've tried following this recipe, but mine do not come out as good, for some reason.

Foscavista said...

Sweet paprika or smoked?

delagar said...

Smoked this time, because we were out of sweet, but usually sweet