Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Another Update

Okay, they've got his temperature back up to 98.6 now (37 Celsius, which is how they actually do it), and they've begun weaning him off the sedative/paralytic which they have to use with hypothermia therapy. Apparently that's going to take most of the night. In the morning, if he's not responding, they'll bring in the neurologists. 

My SIL is having trouble sleeping. "Do you have any Xanax?" I asked.

"Oh, [her sister] brought me some. I might take half a one. I've never taken it before, and I don't know how I'll react."

Me, stunned: "You've never taken Xanax?"

"I had to get drug-tested!" she protested. Then she admitted, "Once, when I had a prescription for it, I didn't even fill it."

"Wow, I hate you," I said. In the background I could hear her sister and my nephew mocking her unceasingly. 

I mean, if I had my way, you'd be able to buy Xanax out of gum machines in the grocery store. It should be a major food group, that's all I'm saying.



No comments: