Saturday, April 30, 2022

Exercise

Dr. Skull and I, on the advice of his physician, have joined the local Mercy Hospital fitness center. It's $65/month for both of us, which always seemed like too much to me before; but on the other hand, we have a little more money now. 

To my surprise, I'm enjoying getting up at dawn and going to work out for an hour. There's recumbent bicycles and rowing machines -- that's what I've done so far -- but also a pool. If I am to use the pool, I will have to get a swimming suit. I have not owned a swimming suit since I was 22 years old.

No, wait, when the kid was little I used to take him to the public pool. I must have had a swimming suit then.

Anyway, we'll see if this helps his health, and my blood pressure, which has been a little high lately.


No comments: