Sunday, October 31, 2021

Why Can't Conservatives Make Good Art Anymore?

 This would be hilarious if I believed for one moment that they were joking.


Source

Among other things, it's blasphemy; but it's not like these people know their own religion. Or care about it either, except as a way to justify their bigotry.


ETA: I was thinking the "artist" was using Michaelangelo's Expulsion as his source material



but as Bardiac points out, Masaccio fits more closely:



And as my kid notes, this is a fine example of "drawing Joe Biden's dick to own the libs."

2 comments:

Bardiac said...

Is that supposed to represent Biden and Harris being expelled from the Eden that is the White House??? With Trump as the cherub doing the expelling?

a la Masaccio? (the cherub's gown color and sort of basic layout.)

Bardiac said...

Oh, neat to post pictures. I think the posture of Biden and Harris are more like those in the Michelangelo image. But I'm willing to bet he knew Masaccio's, too.