Saturday, August 15, 2026

The Students Return

It's a college town, and I knew that when I moved here.

But JESUS, this first weekend they're back is a nightmare.

Traffic like you wouldn't believe, which would be horrible even without the record-cracking heat we're having; and all the restaurants (except the one we took the kid and his husband to for lunch) are just jammed.

The restaurant we went to, known as the Bloom Cheese collective, is tiny and services mainly cheeses and cheese boards, as well as sandwiches with things like fig jam on cheese; and also we got there around 1:30, so there weren't that many people there. The food was fantastic. I had the fig jam one. Amazing bread, and of course great cheese.

10/10, will go again, hopefully on some weekend when the traffic doesn't give me a migraine.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And none of the freshmen know how to drive yet but they all have giant vehicles!

delagar said...

God, yes.