Friday, August 14, 2026

Stolen from Bluesky

Introduce yourself with the thing that almost killed you.

Me: Hi! I'm thyroid cancer!

Though honestly it could also be

Me: Hi! I'm streptococcus bacteria!

Or

Me: Hi! I'm the measles!

or

Me: Hi! I'm kidney stones!

or

Me: Hi! I'm riding a bike without a helmet and having a wreck at age 28!

What about y'all?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm pneumonia! (But Strep also a contender.)

delagar said...

Pneumonia almost killed my youngest brother when he was four!

Debbie M said...

Hi, I'm a burst appendix! (Apparently I also did not want to breathe when I was first born--that's got to be bad!) (Also, I get a lot of vaccines and live in places with treated drinking water etc.)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm also pneumonia (twice, at ~6 weeks and again at 27).

Also, Hi, I'm the doctor at my grad school health plan who insisted nothing was wrong and refused to examine me when I had bilobar pneumonia. Every time he insisted there was nothing wrong and I should just go home, I told him that I thought I had pneumonia. Eventually, without ever listening to my breathing, he agreed to send me to the ER for a chest X-ray. ("and it will be normal and you can just go home.")

Anonymous said...

Last comment was from FF.

delagar said...

GOD. Was he at least apologetic when he turned out to be wrong?

FF said...

Never saw him again. I was hospitalized and got a different doctor, who I saw for the rest of my time there. Amusingly, when the doctor in the ER gave me the results of my chest X-ray, he said "You have pneumonia in the lower and middle lobes of your right lung. But I guess you already knew that."