Sunday, July 30, 2023

More Whining about the Weather

This heat is just exhausting. Even inside, with the AC on, it's 80 degrees in here until maybe midnight, when it gets down to 78. (By "AC" I mean window unit and heat pump.) Next five days, the highs will be over 100 here. 105 on Thursday. 

It's too hot to do anything or go anywhere, though we do exercise every day at around 3:00. The hottest part of the day, but it's an indoor gym, which helps a little. Their AC is better than ours, so it's usually 74 degrees in there. But still by the time I'm done, I'm soaked with sweat.

I've cut all my hair off again, for the sake of coolness. 

Meanwhile, we had a big storm here a couple weeks ago, and apparently the building on campus where my office is was flooded. They're replacing the carpeting. I got an email saying we should all come in and pack up our offices so that the carpet could be laid. Boxes and dollies are being provided. Mind you, we don't get paid in the summer, so this would be us doing moving for the university -- in 100 degree weather -- while off contract. And while we haven't had a raise in over three years. 

Seven more weeks of summer.


No comments: