Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Summer Days

I am settling into my summer routine, which since I'm not teaching this summer goes something like this:

10:00 Wake up and lie in bed reciting Housman's "Yonder See the Morning Blink" to myself for awhile

10:15 Get up, dress (for certain value of dress -- I don't change out of pajama pants until we go to the gym), turn off the AC, take the dog out, feed the dog and give him his insulin shot, feed the cats, make coffee, moan

10:45 Do Duolingo. I am on a 1131 day streak, and can read French pretty well, and have just started Greek again. They don't have ancient Greek, but modern Greek has similarities

11:00 Check all my blogs and comics and do Wordle

11:30 Start writing. Right now I'm writing my novel on even days and my book reviews on odd days

1:30 Eat something

2:00 Go to the gym. I am doing weights, walking a mile, and riding five miles on the bike, which takes about 50 minutes every day. Right now I'm listening to Middlemarch while I exercise.

4:00-9:00 Come home, turn the AC back on, read novels, go to the library if necessary, eat something, do the dishes, do some laundry (after seven, because the cost of electricity is lower then), read more novels

9:00 Give the dog his dinner and his shot

9:00-Midnight Watch something on TV and read more novels

12:30 a.m. think about going to bed. Read more novels instead. Maybe have a bath. 

2:00 a.m. Bed, finally


I've been turning off the AC in the mornings because it hasn't been very hot here yet -- highs in the low 80s -- and so the house stays cool until about 2:00. But I may have to start leaving it on, since the weather guy says highs in the mid-90s are coming soon. Ugh.

Three and a half more months of summer.



 

 

No comments: