Sunday, March 12, 2023

Daylight Savings Time

Once again, we lose an hour's sleep in the interests of...something. No one has ever given me a convincing explanation for why we have to spring forward every year, and then fall back again later in the year. Something to do with World War One, and the idea that longer summer days means less fuel use? Something something kids walking to school in the dark?  I don't know. I do know the lost sleep makes me cranky. 

Apparently Marco Rubio and I agree about this, which I admit made me think twice.

Anyway I am tired and grumpy today. Maybe I'll go exercise. That might help.

2 comments:

nicoleandmaggie said...

Because historically deaths have been higher when we don't do it than when we do.

IIRC, one of the directions works out ok for most of the US, but that was the opposite of the one that got passed through the house.

nicoleandmaggie said...

Got that backwards-- apparently passed the senate.

Here's our commentary:

https://nicoleandmaggie.wordpress.com/2022/03/19/link-love-373/