Friday, October 07, 2022

Muttering

Night before last, I did not sleep until nearly four a.m., and had to get up at 5:30. (It's advising season, and I need to be in my officer at 6:30 to catch my students before their classes start.) Last night I went to bed at 11:00 pm and slept until 10:00 a.m. Why can't my body make a decision?

I've got new books from Jodi Picoult and from Kate Atkinson to read. And it's almost the weekend!

I'm also writing new reviews for Asimov's and for Interzone. The Interzone one is a very cool book with worldwide disaster plus gay wizards and rocks. As with Jorts the Cats, it's like someone made a present just for me.

Also it looks like fall might finally arrive. Tomorrow is a high of 76, and then (after a stretch of highs in the 80s) this Thursday coming up, temperatures plummet!



4 comments:

Athena Andreadis said...

That book definitely sounds cool (grin). I also detect an undeposited royalty check!

delagar said...

:D It's very cool!

I *thought* I had an undeposited royalty check, but I sure can't find it. I think it might have gotten tossed accidentally.

Athena Andreadis said...

I'll fold it into next quarter's check.

delagar said...

Thank you!