Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Car Trouble

When my kid was like two days old, I remember Dr. Skull and I were sitting on the bed gazing anxiously at the crib (did he have a fever? Was his breathing okay? Would he live through the night?), and Dr. Skull let out a gust of breath and said, "This is never going to end, is it?"

I laughed, but you know, it's really not. Any problem your kid has is like 20,000 times worse than any problem you have. When the kid had that health scare a few years ago, I honestly thought I would going to die from the anxiety. I remember when the doctor called and talked to Dr. Skull (and not me) about what the new X-Ray showed, I sat up half the night, twitching with anxiety and forcing Dr. Skull to tell me (over and over and fucking over) what the doctor had said.

Anyway, right now the kid is having car trouble, which is not the worst news -- no problem that can be fixed with money is a real problem -- but I'm still twitching with anxiety. 

I just want my kid to be okay forever. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?

Update: The kid and his boyfriend's car had its catalytic converter stolen. Cost them $500 to replace it, but at least it was a quick fix.

This is apparently a thing now -- my brother, who lives in New Orleans, also had his stolen recently. What can you do it prevent it? Park your car in a garage, except my kid and his boyfriend don't have a garage, and their apartment complex is open-gate.




No comments: