Sunday, March 06, 2022

Games You Can Play

 A bunch of new internet games have appeared lately, all of which are helpful in helping us forget, at least for a few moments, that the world is fucked.

Here is a game called Wikitrivia. You get given historical events, and have to put them in the right order. Three strikes and you're out. My longest streak so far is 14.

I assume you know about Wordl, but here is Octordle, which is a lot more fun, imo.

If Octordle is too much of a commitment, here's Dordle, which is simpler.

Nerdle requires math, so I haven't tried it yet, but if you like math, go for it.

Feel free to add games I haven't yet discovered in the comments!

2 comments:

Releeh said...

Absurdle by qntm is "adversarial wordle" with no preset word - I find it difficult to explain, but quite charming.

And for a rather different word based game - Babble Royale (which is free on steam I think?) is a multiplayer "battle royale" version of scrabble. It scratches the same fast-paced-two-dimensional-genuine-multiplayer-action itch as agar.io for me, but with extra bananagram energy.

delagar said...

Ooo, I need to check these out.