Saturday, January 22, 2022

Recovering

I am beginning to think I might recover from whatever that intestinal illness was. I'm still too weak to walk a mile comfortably -- I have to keep stopping to breathe and wonder if I'm going to faint -- but my mental acumen is better.

During the worst of the illness, I couldn't eat and I couldn't sleep. The combination of these two made me completely stupid. I couldn't do my word puzzles, I couldn't do French on Duolingo without making dozens of mistakes on every lesson (I got the "comfort owl," assuring me that he believed in me and that it was okay to make mistakes), I couldn't read anything except old Angela Thirkell novels. It was very unpleasant.

I am recovering though. Did Wordl in 4/6 today, and have been writing at least 500 words a day for the past three days. Also yesterday I ate almost a regular meal: a cheese sandwich, some canned pears, and half a banana.

No comments: