I've been hungry for curry all year. This is a new version of the potato soup with curry I posted awhile back, created because I only had two potatoes.
- bacon grease
- curry powder
- salt, pepper
- broth of some sort
- milk (either cow or coconut)
- Chop celery, onions, and carrots into small bits. Cook over low in some sort of fat -- I used bacon grease because we have it, but anything you have will work. I used an onion, two carrots, and three celery stalks, because that's what we had.
- Peel and dice apples and potatoes. I had two each, so that's what I used. Add chopped bit to the cooking celery mix.
- Add curry powder to this mix, and cook a few minutes more to wake up the spices. I used two tablespoons of curry powder, but if you don't like your soup too spicy feel free to use less. Add a little salt and pepper -- like a half teaspoon of each.
- Pour in the broth. Any broth you have will do. Use vegetable if you have a choice.
- Cook over low for about 20 minutes. Run half of it through a blender or else use your immersion blender until most of it is smooth.
- Add some milk or some half-n-half or some coconut milk.
- Eat with bread!
Bread was made and photographed by Dr. Skull