Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Anxiety Dreams


I had the worst dream last night -- first, I was teaching a math class, which is enough, frankly.

But then it was also final exam week and I had not made enough exams for the students in the class. I couldn't find my laptop so I could print more, and I couldn't find a blank copy of the exam to make copies.

All the students were in the classroom, exasperated and angry. Twenty-seven students without exams!

So I decided I would go upstairs to the 10th floor (no, our building does not have ten floors) to see if I had left my laptop in the office there (my office is on the first floor of our two-story building). But the elevators were filled with students leaving, because it was five o'clock on the last day of exams. I couldn't get into an elevator. When I did get into one, it wouldn't stop on the 10th floor.

Then when I finally reached my office, my office was gone. It had been replaced with an office for adjuncts. All my stuff was gone. No one in the office knew were it had gone.

I woke up from this dream twice, extremely agitated both time, though the second time I woke up enough to remember (a) I don't teach math and (2) the semester had been over for weeks. No one was waiting for their exam.

Anxiety dreams are the best.





4 comments:

nicoleandmaggie said...

... last night I dreamed that I finally gave into advertising (they were for real selling them at the AIRPORT) and tried a CBD gummy. It was raspberry. I think it must have worked on my dream anxiety because I don't remember anything after that.

delagar said...


Dream CBD gummies! I want!

heebie-geebie said...

I am living your nightmare!

delagar said...


Ha! That was almost the first thing I thought when I woke up: "Holy shit, I'm having heebie's dreams!"