Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Doing Without


So it's been almost two weeks now without gluten, and I'm feeling much better.

Sadly, this makes me conclude that gluten is probably the culprit.

Sadly, because that means I've gotta continue to give up gluten. I've been living on fruit, eggs, nuts, rice, and cheese, potatoes, coffee and cream for the past 13 days. I am here to tell you it is a diet that can get old.

On the other hand, doing with stomach cramps, nausea and exhaustion is quite nice.

I guess I'ma have to start reading some of those gluten-free cookbooks.

Bah.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Indian food? Lots of veg, spices, yogurt and rice for bulk? You can make a big batch of curry and eat for days.

delagar said...

Indian food and Mexican / South American food are two cuisines I've been looking into. Also vegan. Beans and rice is naturally gluten free!

nicoleandmaggie said...

We were going to post for you on Friday, but it's gotten bumped for next Friday because one of our readers needs to change banks.

In terms of Indian-- I strongly recommend Quick and Easy Indian Cooking by Madhur Jaffrey. It is as advertised. Spices can be a bit pricey though (we get ours from Penzey's in the nearest city which helps... Mexican groceries are also a good source for lower cost spices).

nicoleandmaggie said...

p.s. I meant to say, it gets easier once you figure things out. It really does.

And it's great that this is working! Stomach cramps, nausea, and exhaustion are not fun!

delagar said...


They are not!

I look forward to the post!