Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Nice Comment


Over at Tor.com, I read a comment by a fella named Dylan Tullos, who I don't know at all -- and clicking on his profile gives me no more information than his name -- which I like a great deal, and which I think deserves to be read further:

Allowing the government to create hoops that citizens have to jump through in order to vote strikes me as an impressively bad idea.  Instead of having citizens who choose their government, the system allows the government to choose its citizens.  The government gets to decide what tasks make people “worthy” of citizenship, but the first duty of every good citizen is to not let the state tell you what good citizenship is.


It's part of a larger comment, which you may find here.

(If anyone knows anything more about Dylan Tullos, I'd be glad to learn more!)

No comments: