Thursday, January 26, 2023

Snow Apocalypse

The snow is still melting here, and the power is still off at my kid's place. He and the boyfriend got their car dug out and made it the four miles to his aunt's house, and they're going to stay there until the power comes back on, which the local power company says might be tomorrow, and might be Saturday.

Most of the Fort has power again, and my university is holding classes, though I am getting dozens of students who can't get out of their driveways or down the mountain. And more snow is forecast for next week.

Honestly, now that my kid is somewhere warm, I love this weather. What's better than burrowing under my duvet with two cats and the little dog and reading novels all afternoon while the snow tumbles down? Add some hot chocolate and I am in paradise.

2 comments:

Foscavista said...

Since I live in a subtropical area, the most snow we ever got was the thinnest layer of frost. When temperatures drop below freezing and there is a hint of moisture in the air, all state buildings, including my university, shut down for the slight possibility that there will be ice on the bridges. We don't have any infrastructure in place to deal with ice.

Yes, the summers are murder.

delagar said...

My university closes down at the first snowflake! And yes, no infrastructure, plus buildings that are not constructed for cold weather.