Friday, August 14, 2020

Eye Eye Eye

 

About four weeks ago, I had some weird flashes in my eyes, which made me think my retina might be detaching. (My mother's retina detached when she was some years younger than I am now.)

Eye doctors take you seriously when you phone in with those symptoms, so I saw a guy not an hour later. The good news -- my retina is fine.

The bad news: I had a follow-up today, which meant my pupils are dilated yet a second time. 

Eyes are still fine, but I can't read OR write. What am I supposed to do?


ETA: In case you're curious about why I saw the weird flashes, the eye doctor explained to me kindly that it was because I am getting "older."

A polite way to put it. He was about 12 himself.


Retinal detachment - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic


No comments: