Wednesday, July 29, 2020

"Sometime soon, it's just going to go away."


4.4 million (official) cases.

150,000 dead, so far.

Meanwhile, as someone who probably had it (I was never officially diagnosed, so like many people I'm not included in the above count), I'm suffering many after-effects.

I get dizzy, quite often.

I still have no appetite. And when I do eat, I feel sick for about an hour afterwards.

For about a month, I had weird headaches. (This seems to have stopped.)

For nearly six weeks, I was exhausted most of the time. I had trouble walking my usual exercise route -- a mile and a half, some of it uphill. For awhile, I could only walk about a quarter of a mile out and back. (This has mostly gone away. I still get more tired on the walk than I did before I was sick, but I can walk the whole way now.)

Also weird insomnia -- I fall asleep okay, but then wake up about three hours later and can't fall asleep.

I don't know how much of this is due to the virus, and how much is due to being shut in the house 23 hours a day.

Evidence is coming out showing that the virus can leave lasting damage to the heart.

That it has life-threatening effects on children.

That it can have long-term effects on the kidneys and the lungs.

It can lead to amputations.

But Trump says it's just the "sniffles," and anyway it's going to "just go away," any day now.

So don't fret.

Trump speaks about coronavirus amid outbreak: cartoons





No comments: