Friday, June 29, 2018

Hot and Horrible


It's been miserably hot here over the past week -- close to 100 degrees every day, with a heat index of 107 or 108 each day -- and also I picked up some virus at school. Vomiting and aching while being hot and cranky is not a good mix.

The virus is gone, at least, though the heat is not. Weather guy says temperatures will stay near 100 for the foreseeable future. Bah.

Plus the political news continues awful. It's almost funny, in the bleakest, most horrific way, how one horrific thing after the next happens.

It's like slapstick disaster theater, if you see what I mean.

Or, you know, it would be funny, if it weren't happening to the country I live in and want to be proud of.

As it is, sweet Jesus. No wonder I projectile vomited for 12 hours straight. The wonder is we aren't all doing so.




3 comments:

nicoleandmaggie said...

The heat caused my starter to finally give up for good, so my car's in the shop. (The guy said if I waited until sunset I'd probably be able to get it to start again, but I had both kids and wanted to go home.) On the plus side, the estimate of the repair shop next to the daycamp where my car died at pickup is half what the dealer said they'd charge. I'm hopeful because this repair shop has good reviews online. If they do a decent job we'll have a new place to get oil changes done.

Working on a new sign for the protest tomorrow... Hope you feel better soon.

Bardiac said...

I hope you feel better soon... physically AND politically. Especially politically. Because I have a feeling that if YOU feel better politically, the same things will be making ME feel better. Soon. Please.

delagar said...


I'm feeling nearly 100% today.

Sadly, the political situation is still laughably awful. Did you see the tweet from Donald about how ICE was "liberating" entire towns from MS-13? I mean, WTAF?