Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Them Black Folks

You've probably heard this one already, but in case you're watching the snow instead of cruising the sphere, Joe Biden's an idiot.

Re Barack Obama, Biden tells us this:

Barack Obama is "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

Over on Unfogged, a lively discussion ensues:

http://www.unfogged.com/archives/week_2007_01_28.html#006198

(Links are down again. What is up here? They work when I post from my University computer, and not when I post from home. The home computer is a Mac Mini, and the University is some sort of PC, Windows whatever. I bet Mouse knows what it is. Any ideas?).

2 comments:

CB said...

Do you still type your posts in Word or in a word processor? If so, then there might be an issue there. Otherwise, there's a button to click on the top of the post-a-new-blog page; it looks like a paperblip, i believe. Anyway, click that and copy the address in there, leaving off the http:// stuff. I'll show u sometime.

Diane said...

What is getting me is that everyone is focusing on the word "clean"--like, if Biden had just left out that word (and, in his defense, he really did mean it in a "bright" and "fresh" way, not in a "not dirty" way), the phrase would have been okay.

But it wouldn't have been. It isn't the language Biden used that is offensive, it's the fact that he felt compelled to point out that the party had found an acceptable African American.

I do not care for Obama, and it is annoying me to have to keep coming to his defense.