Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Muted Excitement

So I just got an email from one of the jobs I've applied for, asking for more material.

This means I've made a cut -- the committee has chosen my application and probably about fifteen others out of the pool of all the applications to look at more closely.  It's good news, though I am trying not to get too excited.  Because, you know, fifteen others.

Still, it's a great job, in a good place, and I would love to have it.

(And yes, I have spent the last day and a half on the net, checking rents and parks and libraries and public transport and refreshing my research on the university itself -- obsessive?  Me?)


3 comments:

Bardiac said...

Thinking good thoughts for you!

delagar said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Or ask a base jumper. Good luck! --L