Thursday, July 24, 2008

Who now?

So mr. delagar and I were getting dressed for school this morning and I was more than a bit sleepy because we had stayed up way too late watching Alien on some channel we get get, I forget which, and we were talking about the reasons we did like the movie and the reasons we did not, and mr. delagar was defending the bit where the android disobeys Sigourney Weaver and lets the alien into the ship, even though she's the commander of the ship at that point, saying it wasn't because he was a tool of the patriarchy, it was because he was a tool of the corporate world, and I was claiming that's the same thing, dude, and after a moment in which neither of us said anything, just put on our socks, mr. delagar sighed.

"What?" I said.

"Nothing," he said. "It's just, it's like McCain doesn't exist anymore, you know?"

"Who?" I said, befuddled. Then I realized who he meant and started laughing.

"Right. Exactly."

No comments: