Thursday, April 24, 2008

What's the P Word I'm Looking for?

Dude's already had it slapped out of him about 1300 times, apparently, so don't feel you have to set him straight, but in case you were wondering, yeah, the patriarchy really does exist, and here's the evidence:

"The Open Source Boob Project"

(Excerpts)

...By the end of the evening, women were coming up to us. "My breasts," they asked shyly, having heard about the project. "Are they... are they good enough to be touched?" And lo, we showed them how beautiful their bodies were without turning it into something tawdry.

We talked about this. It was an Open-Source Project, making breasts available to select folks. (Like any good project, you need access control, because there are loutish men and women who just Don't Get It.) And we wanted a signal to let people know that they were okay with being asked politely, so we turned it into a project:

At Penguicon, we had buttons to give away. There were two small buttons, one for each camp: A green button that said, "YES, you may" and a red button that said "NO, you may not." And anyone who had those buttons on, whether you knew them or not, was someone you could approach and ask: "Excuse me, but may I touch your breasts?"


And if you weren't a total lout - the women retained their right to say no, of course - they would push their chests out, and you would be allowed into the sanctity of it. That exchange of happiness where one person are told with gropes and touches that they are desirable and the other is someone who's allowed to desire.

For a moment, everything that was awkward about high school would fade away and you could just say what was on your mind. It was as though parts of me were being healed whenever I did it, and I touched at least fifteen sets of boobs at Penguicon. It never got old, surprisingly...

http://theferrett.livejournal.com/1087686.html

VIA PAB

http://punkassblog.com/2008/04/22/no-you-cannot-touch-my-boobs/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF????

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your blog ID with me. I am only up to 2004, but am enjoying every word.
KS

zelda1 said...

This really makes me sick. AS if a woman needs to validation for her breasts. This guy creeps me out and if he hadn't already been torn to shreads by many other pissed off women and men, I'd do a right good post about it, but I think he has gotten the point. What a fucktard.