Friday, June 01, 2007

Sad Truth

I've been cruising around the right side of the 'sphere since I got back in the saddle, and plenty of them are all smug about Sheehan dropping out of public life.

You know why, of course, the Right was so vehement in their opposition to Sheehan. It wasn't that she spoke up in opposition to Mr. Bush's useless and evil war: it was that she was a woman who spoke up in opposition to Mr. Bush's useless and evil war. Indeed, yes, once again: the Patriarchy.

In any case, I thought I would bring you some of Sheehan's words, because she's so good at speaking up. You can find the citation linked below:

"Casey did indeed die for nothing....died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives...It is so painful to me to know that I bought into this system for so many years and Casey paid the price for that allegiance."

http://psychomikeos.blogspot.com/

Every night when I watch the first ten or twenty minutes of the news, or when I pause on CNN or on FOX for a few minutes -- which is all I can take before I shut it off in disgust -- that's what I am thinking too. We are in a war which has been going on for how long? We have people in this country who have lost and are losing jobs? We have a health care crisis which is now hitting a fairly serious pitch? And this is what our media is spending its shit on? What this dude Simon thinks?

You want to talk bread and circuses, son? You want to talk opiate of the masses? You want to talk 1984?

And up in Washington they just voted away how many of your tax dollars for this stupid fucking war again? While you watched some idiot sing?

No comments: