(1) Driving home from the library yesterday, I saw a guy -- a nice looking guy, sort of scruffy and idle and young -- with a bumper sticker on the back of his car: DELETE BUSH. Yay, says I.
(2) My computer is making this strange noise, whee-wub-whee-wub-whee-wub, over and over, which mr. delagar says, via his extensive years of experience in the tech support field, means the hard drive is failing. Eeek.
(3) We got the results from the kid's standardized test at our p/t conference last Friday. She blew the charts. Reading on the 10 grade 9 month level, but possibly, say the teachers, higher, because that's as high as the test actually can test. (There are 106 questions and she got all 106 right.) Math is her lowest score, and that was 90%.
(4) On the other hand, she has stopped doing any of her work at school, very nearly. They don't know why, and neither does she -- when we ask her why, she says she "feels strange," or "can't think about it." Aargh.
(5) Our school has lowered its summer caps, so my summer school classes *might* make. So I might make rent this summer. Yay!
(6) I still have jury duty, and no child care for the kid during the weeks of jury duty.
(7) Not just one but two sets of my friends have volunteered to drive the kid to my parents, to solve my jury duty situation. Do I not have the best friends on the planet? I'm telling you.
58 minutes ago