Tuesday, August 27, 2024

The Legacy

My kid has also started teaching, his university and mine being on the same schedule. He's taking classes besides, as well as shadowing his mentor-TA (or whatever it is called), and sitting in on the lectures that go with the lab he's teaching. So he's got a more than full-time job, is what I'm saying.

Anyway, he and I are commiserating on how exhausted we are. Looking back at previous semesters (FB memories now handily provides me with previous semester comments) I can see I was just as exhausted during all those years as well.

Partly it's the heavy class load (I'm teaching five this semester so I can teach three in the spring), partly it's the relentless heat, partly it's that my classes are scattered all over the campus, so that I'm putting in literal miles walking to them every day. I'll adapt in a week or two, I know, but right now I'm at the "Oh Christ not again" stage when the alarm goes off every morning.

Six weeks until Fall Break. 

No comments: