Saturday, August 24, 2024

The Election

I'm feeling a little better about the election right now, but I can't feel great, not after 2016. God, that was the worst night. 

Also, all over my FB page, there are Trump supporters squealing about how Harris makes no sense when she talks, and how she stabbed "her boss," by which they mean Biden, in the back to get the nomination. I assume these are Fox News talking points, since neither claim is supported by evidence, or even makes sense, for that matter. As I previously noted, living in a Red State is depressing.

There are also these Trump supporters making faux-earnest posts asking "liberals" to explain why they're voting for Harris without mentioning that she's a woman. These have replaced the posts that claim "liberals" want people to vote for Harris "just because" she's a woman, while also not being able to define a woman.

Honestly, I have not had much faith in my fellow Arkansawyers, not since the 2016 election. So it's not like I can still be disillusioned. But yeah, this sort of filth is depressing.

Their Candidate of Choice


2 comments:

Jenny F Scientist said...

My BIL believes that when you take guns away, society immediately becomes lawless. You know, like Japan. He's also convinced that there are towns in France patrolled by Islamic extremists with guns, and that the second amendment protects us from the military, who would totally never fire missiles on American citizens ever.

He is IN the military.

There is just no way to reach someone who's this level of deluded.

delagar said...

There is not, sadly.