Sunday, September 10, 2023

Is this Fall?

This morning when I took the little dog out the breeze was almost crisp. Still a high of 90 today, but after today, highs are forecast for the low 80s and the 70s. Please!

I'm much better today, after sleeping 10 solid hours last night. I think I've shook this thing.

My department figured out that all of the English instructors who got COVID, including me, shared a specific classroom. It's epidemiology, baby! They have scoured the room with antiseptic whatevers, locking the barn door, as it were.

ETA: Dr. Skull just tested positive. He's not very sick, but UGH.



6 comments:

nicoleandmaggie said...

There is a 30 degree spread in temperatures today. High mid 90s but I just put on a bathrobe!

Hope you and Dr. Skull are both completely better soon.

delagar said...

Thank you! Neither of us have gotten very sick, so mostly we're dealing with the boredom of isolating.

VERY much looking forward to the cooler weather.

nicoleandmaggie said...

p.s. I just noticed that some of Barbara Hambly's books are $1.99 each. Like one of my favs, Stranger at the Wedding.

delagar said...

I don't think I've ever read Hambly. I'll have a look!

nicoleandmaggie said...

WHAT? She's right up your alley both in her early Spec Fic (I think you'd particularly like her Sun Wolf and Starhawk series and her current best selling Benjamin January mysteries). Your library is bound to have some of her stuff, even if just the mysteries (which #2 loves but I find a bit dark). I have a full shelf of her spec fic in my bookcase, literally.

Stranger at the Wedding is one of her rare lighter more comic novels. (As is Bride of the Rat God.)

delagar said...

It does! I've ordered a couple.