Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Some Good News


Our public library, as I mentioned in a previous post, has closed for the pandemic. I did checkout a last armful of books (one hour before they closed), so I can stave off withdrawal for, I don't know, three days?

But good news! The library has a Request Purchase button. So I requested a book I have had on my wish list for a while now, Death in the Rainforest, and this morning the librarian in charge of purchases emailed me and said they had bought it.

Plus! Not only are they buying a hardcopy, they're buying an ecopy, and it will be available sometime today.

Public libraries are the best.

A DEATH IN THE RAINFOREST

2 comments:

Bardiac said...

That looks REALLY interesting!

I hope you, and your whole family are staying well.

delagar said...


It came in yesterday afternoon, as promised, and I've started it -- it's wonderful so far.

You stay well too!