Sunday, August 06, 2023

No More Heat Dome?

Good Lord, it's only 80 degrees here, today at noon.

And a high of 93 is predicted! What sorcery is this?

It does look like the heat dome might be over. An immense thunderstorm hit today at dawn, which I think was the dome's parting gift.

A high of 85 forecast for Tuesday! And when I woke up this morning (I left all the ACs on all night: the heat pump, the window unit in the bedroom, the window unit in the kitchen) it was 69 degrees in the house! That's the coolest I've managed to get the house in weeks. It's usually 80 degrees in the morning, and 85 or 88 in the afternoon.

My excellent landlord did replace the kitchen  window unit yesterday, which might also have something to do with the new coolness; but the relative coolness outside does as well, I'm sure.

No comments: