Tuesday, August 01, 2023

August

I mean, I am very glad for August since it means we are that much closer to the end of summer, but it also means there are only 17 days left before I have to go back to work.

I think I've taken two summers totally off (this is my second one) since I was fifteen years old, so I've been enjoying it. It's amazing how much less stressful life is when you don't have a dozen things to juggle. This summer I had only three jobs: write my novel, write my reviews, and exercise in the afternoon.

Sometimes I also had to drive to Fayetteville for various reasons, but usually not.

And of course laundry, dishes, and buying groceries, but all those are negligible since Dr. Skull wears the same clothes for days on end in the summer (which is to say almost no clothing, shorts and teeshirts), as do I, and neither of us actually eats. I live on watermelon and popsicles, and he lives on chili, which he makes once a week in a big batch, and blueberries. 

I very much enjoy this life of leisure. The only flaw is insufficient books to read. I am hoping this is what retirement will be like.

No comments: