Friday, June 26, 2015

What Bliss! What Joy!


I literally woke my kid up by bouncing up and down on her bed.

"What?" she said grumpily, being seventeen and having gone to bed -- as usual -- at Regret O'Clock.

It was now barely 9:00 a.m., and I had just found out.

"Marriage Equality," I said, managing somehow not to shout it at her. "Gay marriage!"

Her eyes opened all the way.  "What?"

"The Supreme Court just handed down the decision," I said, bouncing around on her bed some more.  "It's legal, it's legal, gay marriage is legal everywhere in America now!"

"Not really," she said.  "Really?"

"It just came down!" I bounded from her room to celebrate all over my FB and Twitterfeed.  And watch other people celebrate all over FB and Twitter.

It's been one big party, all over America today.

(I mean, a few people are sullen.  But we don't have time for them.  Not today!)

Obama said, and it's worth quoting here, that this decision makes our union a "little more perfect."

To which I say, Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

And -- Photos!


(Image by Doc Science, here.)



6 comments:

Bardiac said...

Happiness indeed! My effbee feed exploded in rainbows today. :)

delagar said...

Mine too! It was wonderful!

J. Otto Pohl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
delagar said...

J. Otto, if you read the actual blog post, what I said is "everywhere in America."

I never once went onto your blog and insulted you. Yet you seem to feel you have the right to come onto my blog and insult my education, my intelligence, and my understanding of the world. You continue to do this even when -- more than once -- your understanding of the events in question have been proven wrong, and even when I have, with all politeness, asked you to desist.

I am not at all sure what your issue is, why you feel the need to trot around being a snotty little shit on other people's blogs, but this is your notice: you are no longer welcome on my blog, or in my space.

Please do not ever post here again.

If you violate this request in the future, your posts will be deleted without comment.

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

It was a joyous day. I cried and cried with renewed hope and a shedding of a little cynicism. I am very proud of our country.

delagar said...

Fie, that was my reaction as well -- cynic that I am, as aware as I am of all that remains to be done, this gives me such hope.