Friday, June 12, 2015

Literally the Coolest Four and a Half Minutes I've Ever Seen


This has to do with the re-introduction of the wolves to Yellowstone Park, but you have to watch it to see why it's so cool.

Cool's probably not the right word.



Basically, it's why we shouldn't fuck with the ecosystem.

When I was teaching in Idaho, almost all my students were against the reintroduction of wolves into the park.  Because wolves would eat cattle, basically.  No arguments about cattle being on government land, and environmental protection cut any ice with them.

Did you see that the GOP is voting to repeal the Clean Water Act, by the way?  This sort of thing makes me want to take to the streets with pitchforks and tumbrils.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did a project on this in high school. My team came up with the idea of mandating that the cattle owners purchase wolf insurance. Problem solved.

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

The video was really interesting. It's amazing that one element can change so much in the wild. Really cool video. I'm glad I watched it. :)