Friday, August 18, 2006

Eck

The semester begins!

And rather than having time to work on prepping for the four separate classes (yes! with four separate preps!) that I will be teaching (one section of WLIT II, one section of History of the English Language, One section of Vic Lit, and one section of freshman comp I, for those of you keeping score at home), what does the university have me, and all the other instructors at our university doing?

Yes, yes. You got it, first shot.

Workshops! Meetings! Encounter sessions!

Ah. Bliss.

Yesterday, for example, it was a Writing Taskforce Meeting. AKA What The English Department is Doing Wrong.

Imagine how much we enjoyed that one, campers.

So if the posting is light for a bit, it's because I'm in lovely meetings, curled up in a catatonic haze. Chewing Xanax.

Back in a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I just posted about my pre-semester meetings. Ugh. I'm sorry, bring extra Xanax and coffee.